Effective as of January 1, 2020
Last updated June 6, 2021
1. Collecting and Using Information
2. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
3. Third-Party Processors
4. “Do Not Track” Signals
5. Choices About Your Personally Identifiable Information
7. Third-Party Links
8. Children’s Privacy
9. Notice to Nevada Residents
10. Notice to California Residents
12. How to Contact Us
Collecting and Using Information
How We Use Your Personally Identifiable Information
We may collect Personally Identifiable Information from you through your use of the Site and Services. “Personally Identifiable Information” is individually identifiable information about an individual consumer that we collect online and that we maintain in an accessible form. We collect the following types of Personally Identifiable Information:
Information You Provide
We may collect the following Personally Identifiable Information that you voluntarily provide to us:
• Customer Account. If you register for an online account, we will collect your first and last name, email address, and password. When you log-in to your account, you will provide us with your email address and password.
• Email Sign-Up. If you subscribe to receive emails from us, we will collect your email address.
• Request a Quote. If you complete our online form to request a quote to customize one or more of our products, we will, through a third party, collect your first and last name, email address, and any Personally Identifiable Information that you may voluntarily provide, including postal address and phone number.
• Make a Purchase. If you make a purchase through our Site, we will collect your first and last name, email address, billing and shipping address, and phone number. We use Shopify Inc. to process your credit card transactions and do not otherwise collect or store your payment information. Please see “Third-Party Processors” below for more information.
• Write a Review. If you write a product review on the Site, we will collect your name and email address.
• Contact Us. If you send us any feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, or interact with our Site or Services in any way, including through email or social media channels, we may receive your first and last name, email address, phone number, and any other Personally Identifiable Information that you may voluntarily provide.
Information as You Navigate Our Site
We automatically collect certain Personally Identifiable Information through your use of the Site and Services, such as the following:
• Usage Information. We collect information such as which of the pages on the Site you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on the Site.
• Device Information. We collect information about the device you are using, such as hardware model, operating system, application version number, and browser.
• Mobile Device Information. In addition to the Device Information listed above, when you access our Site via a browser on your mobile device, we collect and aggregate information about whether you are accessing the Site via a mobile device or tablet, device type, and carrier.
• Location Information. We collect location information from Site visitors on a city-regional basis.
How We Use Your Personally Identifiable Information
We use the Personally Identifiable Information we collect to provide the Services to you, to improve our Services and Site, and to protect our legal rights. In addition, we may use the Personally Identifiable Information we collect to:
• Process your account registration;
• Remember your preferences (e.g., browsing language, account login information);
• Process and fulfill purchases;
• Contact you regarding our products and services that we feel may be of interest to you;
• Communicate with you about our Site or Services or to inform you of any changes to our Site or Services;
• Provide support;
• Maintain and improve our Site and Services;
• Defend our legal rights and the rights of others;
• Efficiently maintain our business; and
• Comply with applicable law.
How We Share Your Personally Identifiable Information
We may share the information that we collect about you in the following ways:
• With service providers who perform data or Site-related services on our behalf (e.g., email, hosting, maintenance, backup, analysis, processing payments, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, etc.). Any such service providers will be under an obligation to us to maintain the confidentiality of your Personally Identifiable Information;
• To service providers to prepare, deploy and analyze advertising content;
• To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
• In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
• To establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention;
• To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that Personally Identifiable Information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that Personally Identifiable Information;
• To any other person or entity as part of any business or asset sale, equity transaction, merger, acquisition, or in preparation for any of these events; and
• To any other person or entity where you consent to the disclosure.
We may use your Personally Identifiable Information for any lawful purpose without a duty of accounting to you.
To the extent that we collect, extract, compile, synthesize, and analyze non-personally identifiable data or information resulting from your access to the Site, the data and information will be solely owned by us, and we may use it for any lawful business purpose without a duty of accounting to you, provided that the data and information is used only in an aggregated form, without directly identifying you, any user or customer, or any other entity or natural person as the source thereof.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
• Estimate audience size and usage patterns;
• Understand and save your preferences for future visits, allowing us to customize the Site and Services to your individual needs;
• Advertise new content and services that relate to your interests;
• Keep track of advertisements and search engine results;
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions to resolve issues and offer better site experiences and tools in the future; and
• Recognize when you return to the Site.
How You Can Opt-Out of Cookies
Cookies can be blocked by changing your Internet browser settings to refuse all or some Cookies. If you choose to block all Cookies (including essential Cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Site.
Advertising Industry Resources
You can understand which entities have currently enabled Cookies for your browser or mobile device and how to opt-out of some of those Cookies by accessing the Network Advertising Initiative’s website or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s website. For more information on mobile specific opt-out choices, visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Mobile Choices website.
Please note that these opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised. Therefore, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
“Do Not Track” Signals
Some internet browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the “Do Not Track” signal, the Site does not currently interpret, respond to or alter its practices when it receives “Do Not Track” signals.
Choices About Your Personally Identifiable Information
Review and Request Changes to Your Personally Identifiable Information
You may use your account to access, correct, or view certain Personally Identifiable Information we have collected and which is associated with your account.
To unsubscribe from our marketing emails, please click the unsubscribe link included in the footer of our emails.
We maintain commercially reasonable security measures to protect the Personally Identifiable Information we collect and store from loss, misuse, destruction, or unauthorized access. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. Although we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
The Site and Services are not intended for children under 18 years of age. By using our Site and Services, you represent that you are 18 years of age or older. In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, 15 U.S.C., §§ 6501-06 and 16 C.F.R., §§ 312.1-312.12, we do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under 13.
Notice to Nevada Residents
Nevada law allows Nevada residents to opt-out of the sale of certain types of personal information. Subject to several exceptions, Nevada law defines “sale” to mean the exchange of certain types of personal information for monetary consideration to a person for the person to license or sell the information to additional persons. We do not currently sell personal information as defined in the Nevada law. However, if you are a Nevada resident, you still may submit a verified request to opt-out of sales and we will record your instructions and incorporate them in the future if our policy changes. Opt-out requests may be sent to email@example.com.
Notice to California Residents
The CCPA defines “personal information” to mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident or household. Personal information does not include publicly available, deidentified or aggregated information. For purposes of this “Notice to California Residents” section we will refer to this information as “Personal Information.”
Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request that we disclose what Personal Information we have collected about you in the 12-month period preceding your request. This right includes the right to request any or all of the following:
- Specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about you;
- Categories of Personal Information that we have collected about you;
- Categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected;
- Categories of Personal Information that we sold (if applicable) or disclosed for a business purpose about you;
- Categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold (if applicable) or disclosed for a business purpose; and
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or, if applicable, selling Personal Information.
How to Submit a Request to Know
Collection of Personal Information
• Postal address
• Unique personal identifiers (cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, or other similar technology)
• Internet Protocol address
• Email address
• Account name
• Telephone number
• Internet or other electronic network activity information (browsing history; search history; and information regarding consumer’s interaction with website, application or advertisement)
• Geolocation data
• Commercial information (records of products or services purchased, obtained or considered; or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies)
• Inferences drawn from above information to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences
The Personal Information is collected from California residents directly from them and from advertising networks, internet service providers, data analytics providers, government entities, operating systems and platforms, social networks, and data brokers. Not all categories of Personal Information are collected from each source.
In addition to the purposes stated above in the section “Collecting and Using Information” we currently collect and have collected and sold the above categories of Personal Information for the following business or commercial purposes:
We collected and sold the above categories of Personal Information for the following business or commercial purposes:
• Auditing related to a current interaction with the consumer and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards
• Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity
• Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
• Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business or service provider
• Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality of our services and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the services
• Inducing another person to buy or subscribe to products, goods, or services, or enabling or effecting, directly or indirectly, a commercial transaction
Disclosure or Sale of Personal Information
|Category of Personal Information||Category of Third Parties to Whom Information was Disclosed|
|Account name||Web hosting platform and direct mailing provider|
|Email address||Web hosting platform, email provider, and social networks|
|Search history||Web hosting platform|
|Name||Web hosting platform and direct mailing provider|
|Internet Protocol address||Web hosting platform and data analytics provider|
|Postal address||Shipping and packaging providers|
|Financial information (bank account number; debit and credit card numbers)||Credit application and background check providers|
|Cookies, beacons, pixel tags, or other similar technology||Data analytics provider|
We do not knowingly collect or sell the Personal Information of minors under 16 years of age.
Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information about you that we have collected. However, per the CCPA, we are not required to comply with a request to delete if it is necessary for us to maintain the Personal Information in order to, for example, complete a transaction, detect security incidents, comply with a legal obligation, or otherwise use the Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
How to Submit a Request to Know or Delete
You may submit a request to delete by completing our online request form available here, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling us at 1-800-630-1823.
Our Process for Verifying a Request to Know or Delete
If we determine that your request is subject to an exemption or exception, we will notify you of our determination. If we determine that your request is not subject to an exemption or exception, we will comply with your request upon verification of your identity and, to the extent applicable, the identity of the California resident on whose behalf you are making such request.
We will verify your identity either to a “reasonable degree of certainty” or a “reasonably high degree of certainty” depending on the sensitivity of the Personal Information and the risk of harm to you by unauthorized disclosure or deletion as applicable.
For requests to access specific pieces of Personal Information or for requests to delete Personal Information that is sensitive and poses a risk of harm by unauthorized deletion, we will verify your identity to a “reasonably high degree of certainty” by verifying at least three pieces of Personal Information previously provided to us and which we have determined to be reliable for the purpose of verifying identities. In addition, you will be required to submit a signed declaration under penalty of perjury stating that you are the individual whose Personal Information is being requested.
Right to Opt-Out of Sale of Personal Information
If you are a California resident, you have the right to direct us to stop selling your Personal Information.
The CCPA defines “sell” to mean selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a California resident’s Personal Information to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
You may submit a request to opt-out of sales through our interactive webform available by clicking on this link: “Do Not Sell My Personal Information.” You also may submit a request by emailing us at email@example.com or by calling us at 1-800-630-1823.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a California Resident’s Privacy Rights
We will not discriminate against California residents if they exercise any of the rights provided in the CCPA as described in this section “Notice to California Residents.”
If you are submitting a request on behalf of a California resident, please submit the request through one of the designated methods discussed above. After submitting the request, and if the request is not subject to an exemption or exception, we will require additional information to verify your authority to act on behalf of the California resident.
Shine the Light Law
We do not disclose personal information obtained through our Site or Services to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Accordingly, we have no obligations under California Civil Code § 1798.83.
How to Contact Us
To contact us for questions or concerns about our privacy policies or practices please contact us via any of the following methods:
Earthwise Bag Co.
c/o Bunzl Distribution USA, LLC
One City Place Drive, Suite 200
St. Louis, MO 63141
By phone: 1-800-630-1823
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org